Temple of Heaven: One China, One Emperor, One God
Temple of Heaven: One China, One Emperor, One God. CBN, Inc. 2003. www.templeofheaven.net . The history of China’s ancient worship of the “Most High God” (Shang Di), showing the Emperor’s sacrifices on behalf of the people at the Altar of Heaven in Beijing, portrayed by a believer who is a descendant of the fifth Qing dynasty Emperor, Jiaqing.
The Cross: Jesus in China
| GCC book review
Yuan Zhiming, The Cross: Jesus in China. four-part DVD showing the mission roots, perseverance under persecution, and joy in current ministry of Chinese believers. email@example.com (707) 782-9588
The Story of Qiu Ju
Zhang Yimou, film, “The Story of Qiu Ju [literally, Qiu Ju Goes to Court].” the new consciousness of legal rights in the 1990s, and “Hero” (Emperor Qin Shi huangdi)
Zhang Yimou, China’s most famous film director. See an interview and bibliography at Senses of Cinema.
- “Ju Dou” (an arranged marriage in traditional rural China)
- “Raise the Red Lantern” (traditional life in a wealthy land-owning household)
- “Red Sorghum” (the 1940s anti-Japanese war in Shandong, East China)
- “To Live!” [literally, “Survival”] (during Mao’s Cultural Revolution)
- “The Story of Qiu Ju” (literally, Qiu Ju Goes to Court, on the new consciousness of legal rights in the 1990s)
- “Hero” (China’s founding Emperor Qin Shihuangdi, whose tomb is in Xi’an)